The English text below is translated from the original Japanese text for your convenience. If there is any discrepancy between the translation and the original (including in case of the delay in translation), the original Japanese text takes precedence.
Article1 (Privacy Information)
- “Personal information” refers to one kind of privacy information as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is information related to living individuals, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and any other information or descriptions which can identify a specific individual.
- “History information and characteristic information” refers to another kind of privacy information other than “personal information” as defined above and is information related to the service used, the page viewed, the keyword searched by the user, and the date and time of use , usage method, usage environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, IP address, cookie information, location information, device identification information, etc.
Article2 (Privacy Information Collection Method)
- Stmn may ask you for personal information such as your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address when using the service.
- In addition, in order to statistically investigate the trend of users of the service or our website, when users use our services or partner’s services or view pages, we collect the information regarding history information and characteristic information.
Article3 (Purpose of Personal Information Utilization)
Stmn uses personal information of individuals who use the service
- to provide the service
- to automatically display user registration information on various pages within the service
- to respond to user’s opinions and questions
- to notify and contact about campaigns and questionnaires related to the services
- to transfer to other services upon user’s instruction
- to take statistics
- for the purposes associated with the above
Stmn will not handle personal information beyond the scope of the utilization purpose without the consent of the person, except as permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws. When using information designated as confidential information, Stmn shall determine whether the use is within the scope of the intended use except in the following cases.
Stmn may change the utilization purpose of personal information within a reasonable range of relevance. In the event of a change, Stmn will notify or announce to the individual whose personal information is handled.
- Cases in which based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is especially needed for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the providing personal information is necessary for cooperating with a national authorities, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
Article4 (Appropriate Acquisition of Personal Information)
- Stmn will acquire personal information appropriately and will not acquire by deception or other illegal methods.
Stmn will not collect “special care-required personal information” (that is defined in the Personal Information Protection Act) without the consent of the person except in the following cases.
- cases in which applies to any of the items in Article 3. 2
- cases in which the special care-required personal information is disclosed by the person, national institution, local public entity, person listed in each item of Article 76.1 of the Personal Information Protection Law or other persons specified by the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee
- cases in which seemingly-clear special care-required personal information is acquired by visual observation, filming or photographing of the person;
- cases in which receiving the special care-required personal information in a manner which is not restricted by Article 6. 2
When receiving personal information from a third party, Stmn will confirm the following items as stipulated in the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee.
This, however, will not apply in cases where the personal information provision falls under any of each item of Article 3. 2, or if it is made in a manner that is not restricted by Article 6. 2.
- the name or appellation and address of the third party and, for a corporate body, the name of its representative (for a non-corporate body having appointed a representative or administrator, the said representative or administrator)
- circumstances under which the personal information was acquired by the third party
Article5 (Security Control of Personal Information)
Stmn will take necessary and appropriate supervision to employees for the security control of personal information including preventing the leakage, falsification, loss or damage.
Article6 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
When the user uses the service, the user shall agree to the following matters.
- When the user uses the menu of the service, Stmn shall provide personal information provided by the user to the provider of the menu.
Stmn shall, except in those cases under the preceding paragraph or the following, not provide personal data to a third party without obtaining person’s consent in advance.
- cases based on laws and regulations
- cases in which a protection of a human life, body or property is required, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- cases in which it is particularly needed to enhance public health or promote the sound growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
cases in which the cooperation in regard to a national authorities or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations is required, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the person's consent would interfere with the performance of the affairs
cases in which the following matters are announced in advance
- the provision to third parties is one of the utilization purpose
- the categories of personal data provided to a third party
- means or methods of a third-party provision
- to cease, in response to the person's request, a third-party provision of personal information
Those cases, set forth in the following, regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, shall not correspond to third parties.
- cases in which all or the part of handling of personal information is consigned to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- in case of having acquired personal information accompanied with succeeding a business because of a merger or other reason
cases in which personal information to be jointly utilized by a specific person, and when an person has in advance been informed or a person can easily know to that effect as well as of the categories of the jointly utilized personal information, the scope of a jointly utilizing person, the utilization purpose and the name or appellation of a person responsible for controlling the information
Regardless of the provisions of each item in Paragraph 2, except in those cases set forth in each item of Article3. 2, in case of providing personal information to a third party (excluding those who have established a system that complies with the standards specified by the Personal Information Protection Committee Rules based on Article 24 of the Personal Information Protection Law) in a foreign country (excluding countries designated by the Rules), Stmn will in advance obtain a person’s consent to the effect that he or she approves the provision to a third party in a foreign country.
In case Stmn provides personal information to a third party, Stmn will create and store records in accordance with Article 25 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
In case Stmn receiving the provision of personal information from a third party, Stmn shall make necessary checks in accordance with Article 26 of the Personal Information Protection Law and create and store records related to such confirmation.
Article7 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
Stmn shall, when having received a demand pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, disclose retained personal data to the person without delay. However, in cases where disclosing such data falls under any of each following item, a whole or part thereof may not be disclosed and Stmn will notify that effect without delay.
- cases in which likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or another individual
- cases in which likely to seriously impede the proper execution of Stmn’s business
- cases in which violates other laws
Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information will not be disclosed in principle.
Article8 (Handling of Anonymously Processed Information)
When Stmn produces “anonymously processed information” (refers to what is specified in Article 2. 9 of the Personal Information Protection Law and is limited to those constituting anonymously processed information database as defined in Article 2. 10 of the Law. etc.; hereinafter the same), Stmn shall process personal information in accordance with standards prescribed by rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
When Stmn produced anonymously processed information, Stmn shall take action for the security control in accordance with standards prescribed by rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
When Stmn produces anonymously processed information, Stmn shall pursuant to rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission, disclose to the public the categories of information relating to an individual contained in the anonymously processed information. The information items related to anonymous processing information that have already been created are as described below. In addition, Stmn plans to create anonymized information on an ongoing basis, and this item of information will also apply to anonymously processed information that will be created in the future, unless Stmn announces differently.
Items of information included in anonymously processed information: residence state, age, gender
When Stmn provides anonymously processed information (includes those created by Stmn and by third parties. hereinafter the same unless otherwise indicated) to a third party, Stmn shall pursuant to rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission, in advance disclose to the public the categories of personal information contained in anonymously processed information to be provided to a third party and state to the third party explicitly to the effect that the provided information is anonymously processed information. The information items and providing method related to anonymous processing information that have already been provided are as described below. In addition, Stmn plans to provide anonymized information on an ongoing basis, and this item and providing method of information will also apply to anonymously processed information that will be provided in the future, unless Stmn announces differently .
Items of information included in anonymously processed information: residence state, age, gender
In handling anonymously processed information, Stmn shall not, for the porpose of identifying a person concerned with personal information used to produce the anonymously processed information, (1) check anonymous processing information against other information and neither (2) acquire information relating to those descriptions etc. or individual identification codes deleted from the personal information and information relating to a processing method carried out pursuant to the provisions of Article 36. 1 of the Law ((2) shall be only for anonymous processing information provided by a third party).
Stmn shall strive to take itself necessary and appropriate action for the security control of anonymously processed information and necessary action to ensure the proper handling such as dealing with a complaint, and shall strive to disclose to the public the contents of such action taken.
Article9 (Correction and Deletion of Personal information)
- User may, when the contents of retained personal data which Stmn has are not factual, demand of Stmn making a correction or deletion in regard to the contents according to the procedures established by Stmn.
- In case which Stmn has received a demand pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph and when Stmn judges to need to respond to the demand, Stmn shall correct or delete the personal information and notify the user without delay.
Article10 (Revision of Provision)
If there is any important change, Stmn will notify you in an easy-to-understand manner on the service etc. Except as otherwise specified by Stmn, the revised version will take effect when they are posted on the website.
Stamen Co.,Ltd. Contact Information
- Phone Number
- +81 052-990-2405
- 1-14-8 Shimohiroi-cho Nakamura-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 450-0006, Japan
(April 1, 2017 Established)
(February 28, 2023 Amended)